Friday, March 21, 2008

Blogging, Reading and Dancing Again

Ahhh... Summer. I won't let the heat get to me. I've got a few more days until job training begins and I'm savoring every minute of it.

Been catching up on my reading. I bought so many books during sem break--even more last Christmas and the Powerbooks sale--but I was too busy with academics, org responsibilities and work that I couldn't finish one (except for Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine for Lit class, which was a treat.) I started rereading The Bell Jar but right now I'm not even reading any of the books I bought. My friend Kash lent me Jeanette Winterson's The Passion and I've been jotting down lots of really nice quotes from the book--and I'm only on the second chapter. Maybe I should just get my own copy. Hehe.

I'm feeling a bit rushed, though, 'cause I'm also working on my next mag article due Monday. My friends can laugh all they want but I'm writing a review on Hip Hop Abs with Shaun T. It's actually pretty fun and you'll feel your tummy burning--that is if you don't cheat. Haha. The dancing part reminds me of my street dancing days. At least I'll be losing some weight after months and months of coping with stress and lack of sleep by stuffing my face.

Speaking of dancing, catch C*CATTitude II: Unifying the Hood on Monday, March 24, 6:00 p.m. at the Miriam College Marian Auditorium. C*CATTitude II is the (school)year-end concert of C*CATT (pronounced see-cat), the official street dance troupe of the Communication Arts and Advertising Department of Miriam College. Special guests include Company of One, Mapua Dancecom, DLSU Cadence Uprockin' Crew, UA&P ISA Dance Troupe, ODS Core, among many others. Tickets are at 150.00Php each.

For those who love fashion and food, on the other hand, do check out Chef and the Ramp, a culinary showcase and fashion show presented by the Society of Junior Entrepreneurs of Miriam College. Chef and the Ramp will be on Tuesday, March 25, 6:00 p.m. at the Robinsons Galleria Activity Center. For only 300.00Php, you can already get a good seat and have your fill of Japanese, American and Italian food. Special guests include Rajo Laurel and some of the country's renowned chefs. Oh, and friends, this'll be my first time hosting a fashion show/culinary arts showcase so I'd really, really appreciate your support. Heehee.

Sigh. I sure missed blogging. Decided to transfer my personal blog to Blogger/Blogspot because it's easier than having to log in to another account. I also wanted to start anew with blog entries with a lot less angst and mush. Haha.

Going back to my reading. Hip Hop Abs tayo mamaya! ;p


P.S. Will be updating The CityLifeStylist soon. :)

No comments: