Friday, April 3, 2009

Spars and Sparks



www.freewebs.com

What I loved most about Dawson's Creek was Pacey Witter. I wanted Joey to end up with him, but I always thought the bond he had with Andie was more special, mainly because they had a lot of funny spars, meaningful conversations and positive transformations in the course of their relationship, which showed how much they really clicked and understood each other. Here's one of my many favorite Andie-and-Pacey sparring moments:

Season 2 Episode 6: The Dance
Andie: So, Witter, I hope you have your moves polished and ready 'cause I plan to make a dancing fool out of you.
Pacey: Sorry. No can do, McPhee. I don't dance.
Andie: What do you mean, you don't you dance?
Pacey: Well, it's simple. I don't like it and I'm really not any good at it. I mean, it's bad enough that I'm just going on Saturday night, so don't expect me to get out there and start busting a move 'cause it's just not going to happen.
Andie: You don't dance? You are beyond immature.
Pacey: You're overbearing.
Andie: Boring.
Pacey: Hypersensitive.
Andie: Vulgar.
Pacey: Pick you up at seven?
Andie: Great.

No comments: